JULY 30, 2020 - UPDATE
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS,
As a national operator of 52 retail locations and a major distribution center, Greenhawk Equestrian Sport continues to monitor the evolution of COVID-19 across this great country of ours. Unwaveringly and without question, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We are fortunate to have strong partnerships with the communities where we operate, and we are closely following the guidance and recommendations from local, provincial and federal health agencies on COVID-19.
We heartily acknowledge all of our Health Care workers and First Responders in Canada - they are truly magnificent and are working tirelessly to keep us safe. When COVID-19 first started we donated our entire warehouse supply of disposable gloves to a local hospital in order to assist front-line health care workers with the PPE they need. I also want to thank and acknowledge all the staff at Greenhawk from our distribution centre team who are helping to ship out orders and keep the system alive to our front-line store teams and everyone in our company doing their part. Thank you.
As all provinces in Canada have now reopened for business, I am happy to be able to advise you that all of our Greenhawk and Bark and Fitz stores have resumed regular hours of operation and in-store shopping. It goes without saying that the health and safety of our staff and of our customers is of paramount importance to us and we will be observing all health precautions being issued by provincial health authorities for as long as necessary.
Here are the current actions we are taking in order to enhance your safety as well as that of our teammates:
· We are now accepting returns in our stores. For any purchase made after March 15th, 2020, you may return for a full refund until September 1st, 2020. Please bring your receipt and the merchandise in original condition. Please note our policy on final sale items is still in place
· E-commerce exchanges and returns are being accepted, however, our processing times for these have been increased. Thank you in advance for your patience
· We have temporarily stopped accepting any items for consignment
· Any on-line purchase at www.greenhawk.com will be delivered to you at no charge (minimum $50 purchase; some exceptions apply)
· All local marketing events have been postponed until further notice in order to increase social distancing
· Stores are being retro-fitted according to regional health department guidelines and all staff have been supplied with appropriate PPE in order to enhance their personal safety
· Sanitizers have been made available to all stores for staff and customer use
· Protocols are in place in all stores in order to provide staff with enhanced training on best practices including personal hygiene, social distancing and customer interaction
· Constant cleaning and sanitizing procedures are in place in all stores
· Signage has been made available in all stores to encourage social distancing and provide important health information to our staff and customers
· The majority of our Home Office employees are now working from home
· Our Distribution Center has been modified in order to enhance best practices in social distancing and all employees have access to personal protective equipment. Our facility and all equipment is being constantly sanitized
On-line ordering continues to ship on a daily basis with most orders being shipped from our Distribution Center on the same day as they are received. We do appreciate your patience however as external delivery services are experiencing some delays due to increased volumes.
For your reference, please see the link below in order to view the hours of operation of your favourite store.
Greenhawk has been a family owned Canadian business for 35 years and we appreciate your understanding and support as we all continue work hard to keep you and our store teams safe as our country begins to recover. We are here for you.
Ian K. Russell
Chief Executive Officer